The first signs of age, fatigue, dryness and consequent appearance of puffy eyes and dark circles, can be dramatically improved with proper care and treatment. The eye care are essential, so they reveal health, stay shining and bright.
The skin of the eyes is thinner and is the first to show the first signs of aging, being the causes numberless: hours at the computer, sleepless nights, hereditary reasons, tobacco, poor diet, among others.
Your immune system releases histamine, which dilates the capillaries around the eyes, causing fluid excretion, and thus, puffy eyes. The key to effectively treat puffy eyes, is to identify the cause, being the main ones – pollen, cat dandruff, certain foods, if you are allergic to them.
- Look for specific formulas to calm eye contour irritation. Avoid allergen and antihistamines creams, as Diphenhydramine substance.
Sleeping with a thin pillow or without it, causes the fluids to accumulate around eyes. Who sleeps aside, may even notice that the eye on the side of the pillow, is more swollen than the other.
- Get a thicker pillow, preferably in memory foam (foamed material with high density, shaping individually to each user, regardless weight or shape). If you continue to wake up with puffy eyes, the most effective way to make them disappear, is to put cold compresses, followed by a specific eye cream, based on caffeine.
Blocked or broken blood vessels. The vessels that carry lymph and blood around the eyes, can get congested, causing puffy eyes. The most common reasons are stress, dehydration and lack of physical activity.
- Go to the gym early in the morning, so that the blood circulate and release water. If you do not have that availability, place cold compresses and caffeine-based creams, which are a quick remedy because it constricts the vessels.
There are certain types of dark circles that are genetic and those little or nothing can be done, unless:
- Disguise them with appropriate cosmetics;
But there is another kind of dark circles that has to do with bad habits, such as the inappropriate use of sun protection. Upper and lower eyelids are more likely to hyper pigmentation, caused by the sun and are also too sensitive to several sunscreens.
- Go for non liquid formulas or in stick, appropriate for this super sensitive area;
Excessive application of retinoids, leaves red and scaly circles around the eyes, which become gray or brownish, as they are regenerated, especially in darker skin or olive-green tones.
- Using an inappropriate cleanser, because if you have to rub the skin around the eyes to remove make-up, you will cause inflammation and damage to the capillaries.
- Hot water – there are many people who like to wash their face with warm water; do not do that – hot water aggravates the swelling of eyelids and can accentuate dark circles. The same applies to steam hot water.
- Look for specific formulas, to calm irritation in eye contour area, in special stores (perfumeries, pharmacies).
- Before you put any cream, first try an inner area of your arm, to verify if you do allergic reaction. In case you are a person with many allergic reactions, always consult a dermatologist.
The blog and its author are not responsible for any damage, loss, misuse or any other consequence, directly or indirectly resulting from the application of the suggestions made in it.
It is therefore the responsibility of the reader, the results of applying the tips.
This content is also available in: Portuguese (Portugal)