The bathing season has begun and it is worth remembering the care to be taken for effective sun protection. With so much what you read year after year, about the risks of sun exposure, it is impossible to go to the beach without precautions.
Despite the safety of sunscreens, there are precautions you should always consider. Reapply sunscreen often because filters effectiveness and durability is not eternal – the friction of the towel, frequent baths and sweat, degrade the protective formulas.
Drinking water is as important as solar skin protection. The body, when exposed to the sun, it loses a lot of fluids by the action of heat, sweat and physical activity. Without adequate hydration, the body’s defenses decrease gradually, to occupy the temperature regulation, making it more vulnerable to a scalding.
You should start and end summer with a high sun protection. There is no point going to the beach with a FPS 30, if the next day, you change it for an FPS 8. Sunscreens do not prevent the tan, on the contrary, they allow you to get a much more beautiful and lasting tone.
Your beach kit sun protection should always include:
- Sun hat Goorin Brothers Macey Hat;
- Sunglasses Ray-Ban Wayfarer Light Ray,
- Extra bikini Freya: Deco Swim Top; Freya: Deco Hipster Swim Bottom or swimsuit Panache: Savannah Bandeau Swimsuit,
- T-shirt V- Neck Cotton Jersey T-shirt – for times when the sun is most intense;
- A Panache: Savannah Sarong or Fantasie: Paphos Kaftan;
- Shallow sandals Mel by Melissa: Honey Flower Flip Flops – for when you go the bar, to enjoy a refreshing drink.
The nose, lips, hair line, under the arms, the area around the eyes and legs, are usually forgotten areas in sun protection and especially propitious to suffer sunburn. Invest in a universal protector, so you can use in all these delicate areas. Usually, they have lasting textures and should have a high FPS .
Sun Protection – Food
For a long-lasting tan, drink a lot of water, teas or fruit juices. Reinforce the consumption of carrots, which are rich in carotenes and promotes melanin production. Foods rich in vitamin C help fight free radicals that accelerate skin aging. You must reinforce kiwi, strawberries and orange intake. After the summer, reinforce essential fatty acids such as omega 3 and omega 6, as they prevent peeling skin.
Beach kit sun protection – shop options:
- Pocket Detail Striped Linen T-sirt;
- Columbia Sun Ridge II Hat;
- Freya: Venice Beach Bandeau Swim Top;
- V- Neck Cotton Jersey T-shirt;
- Check Collar Polo Shirt;
- Illesteva Porto Cervo Mirrored Lense Sunglasses: Gold;
- Mel by Melissa: Honey Flower Flip Flops;
- Panache: Britt Halter Swim Dress.
This content is also available in: Portuguese (Portugal)
Leave your comment here - your opinion is important