What to wear during pregnancy is a question that many pregnant women ask us. We think you should show your curves and dare to use a lowered neckline or a tight blouse. Have pride in your beautiful belly.
If you are the type of woman who always likes to be fashionable, it is not to be pregnant, that you will give up to be a modern woman. Continue to wear the fashionable clothes and adapt them to your style.
Maternity clothes – in your style
Clothes should be stylish, comfortable, soft, breathable and easy to use and wash. Keep your identity, your style should remain the same. Never use maternity clothes, that normally you would not use.
Not all bodies react the same way to pregnancy, as bellies grow in different ways – some are more pointy and high, others are low, some seem to grow with the body – the wide bellies, and also those which are just belly and the body is not deformed.
Here are some suggestions of how to adapt maternity clothes to your body and feel beautiful and wonderful.
Wide belly and big belly
You will discover during your pregnancy, that you just need to buy some maternity clothes, one or two sizes larger that you normally use.
- Combine a dark long thin tunic Vince Placket Pleat Blouse: Black, with a basic black cotton pants, which comfortably settle on the hips and avoid the entire area of the belly.
- A dark silhouette from head to toe, elongates the upper body, disguises the rounded body shape and de-emphasizes your waist.
- Draw the attention to the upper body, with a very handsome and flashy necklace, a colorful scarf Hearts Printed Chiffon Scarf, Rouge or earrings.
- Also use a watch and bracelets.
- Put a pair of ballerinas, Noir Rockstud Leather Ballet Flat, Black, or if you prefer, some comfortable platform sandals Knot ankle-tie wedge in black nubuck, which help to lengthen the legs.
- To complete the look, a good quality colored bag Selma Studded Medium Messenger Bag, Chili.
Low pregnant belly
The baby is positioned so down there, which it seems to have spent the time he was born – the aim is to rebalance its proportions, drawing the attention to other parts of the body.
- There is nothing sexier than showing your curves, and one of the most attractive maternity clothes, is a pencil skirt (with elastic belt), in black or dark blue shades of color. If you did not like to wear a pencil skirt, because you thought your belly was not attractive enough, now you can do it with all the magnificence – after all your belly is now an added value.
- To enhance the upper body, choose V-neck blouse, long cut, with a pugnacious color Thakoon Abstract Print Pleated Hem Blouse, or a white shirt Equipment Leema Blouse: White and a hight waist cardigan Cashmere 3/4-Sleeve Cropped Cardiga – helps to better distribute your proportions.
- Wear compensated sandals Gomette Patent Leather Flat, Black, or wide heel shoes Suede Ankle-Wrap Ballerina Pump, Bordeaux in the same skirt tone to stretch legs.
- To complete the look, you must invest in flattering earrings or a necklace, sunglasses and a colorful bag Jet Set Travel Medium Tote Bag, Raspberry.
High pregnant belly
Breast and belly joined – here the goal is to create an elongated and feminine silhouette.
- To separate breast and belly, use a double breasted jersey dress, or if you prefer a wide dress, choose the shirtdress type Perrin Dot Long-Sleeve Shirtdress and complete with a thin belt above the belly, to help make the separation and become more elegant.
- Use tight dresses, just above the belly, i.e. that confine the waist, such as empire waist dresses – Belabumbum : Ruffle Nursing Dress.
- The dresses you should wear, do not have to be long, they can be cocktail style and the knee. This kind of dresses, are charming and very suitable to your momentary physical type.
- If you prefer a look with pants, use straight cut trousers and a silk tunic, which has a cut below the breast Chelsea Flower EXCLUSIVE Crochet Cut Out Flare Blouse, to create the separation of belly.
- Complete the look with a pair of shoes or ballerinas Scrunched Leather Ballet Flat, Blue (Bluette) within the shades of dresses, a sautoir necklace type, hoop earrings, sunglasses and a colorful bag Sac de Jour Crocodile-Stamped Satchel Bag, Red.
Just belly and small body
Here the goal is to give more femininity to the silhouette.
- Use side ruffle blouses – Devina Tie-Neck Printed Tunic/Dress, Blue, ties or wider sleeves, to balance the silhouette.
- Pants or skinny jeans with back pockets, are great for creating voluptuousness.
- Complete the look with quality fashion accessories – pearl necklace Pearl Necklace, 18″L and earrings Pave Crystal Cube & Pearl Earrings, bag Peekaboo Medium Tortoise Tote Bag, Gray and ballerinas Rockstud Patent Ballerina Flat, Pebble.
With this body type you are a lucky pregnant, so if you like, use maternity clothes with horizontal stripes – enjoy, because it gives prominence to belly while creates curves.
- Long cotton/spandex t-shirt, skinny jeans Le Skinny Jeans, Columbia Road or even Marvelous Mama Lucky Leggings – the perfect combination to give your body definition.
- Complete with sunglasses, earrings, ballerinas Reva Leopard-Print Fur Logo Flat and a bag Drew Small Shoulder Bag, Wine.
Maternity clothes – use & investiment
When you no longer feel good about your usual clothes, handed to specific maternity clothes, without feeling frustrated, and remember, the more you use it – better is the investment.
- Buy a pair of dark blue maternity jeans, with an adjustable strap, but with a modern cut, it can combine with funny tops, that make you feel comfortable and feminine, when you use them.
- At this stage, the circulation of blood is higher than normal, so it is natural to feel more heat. Thus, in winter, dress yourself in layers, always using a cotton t-shirt, beneath a woolen sweater.
Maternity lingerie is also very important, especially a good support bra Bravado!: Allure Nursing Bra – this is a piece that you will have to invest, because you will feel very comfortable.
- Be prepared to change size, since your breast will grow throughout pregnancy. In the second quarter, a good support bra will be required Anita: Stretch Microfiber Nursing Bra and suitable to your new forms; early in the third quarter you will have to purchase a nursing bra Heidi Klum Intimates: Mia Seamless Wire-Free Nursing Bra.
- As your breast grows, so the bra size will grow. Too small bra creates small ways and aesthetic back marks, so you know, always use the proper bra size.
At this stage of pregnancy, treat yourself and shine!
- Make a new haircut, manicure and pedicure.
- Use a little make-up one Luminous Lip Gloss and make relaxing massages – this will help to drain the fluids excess, and make you feel lighter and less bloated.
- Daily moisturize your skin and make a gentle exfoliation, twice a week, to keep your skin radiant and silky smooth.
- Also moisturize the hair, which are wonderful during pregnancy.
- Metal Cap-Toe Loafer, Black;
- D’orsay wedge in gold vintage
- Mama Spanx Full Length Pantyhose;
- Marvelous Mama Perfect Pantyhose;
Belabumbum : Tallulah Knit Nursing Chemise;
- Rockstud Patent Ballerina Flat, Nude;
- Veronica Beard Willow Flutter Sleeve Blouse;
- Shoestring Metallic Ballerina Flat, Feldspar Gold;
- Peekaboo Medium Patchwork Marquetry Calf Bag;
- Marissa Webb Evengeline Tuxedo Blouse;
- Derek Lam 10 Crosby Drape Front Tie Detail Blouse;
- Belabumbum : Lotus Nursing Chemise;
- Belabumbum : New Lotus Girl Short;
- Jules ankle strap wedge in blackwhite;
This content is also available in: Portuguese (Portugal)