Learn how to play with the proportions, if you want to conquer your own style of dress. The focus should be on using colors and patterns for body type advantage.
It is huge the trendy clothes variety and may confuse those who do not know what are looking for or feel insecure, about what gets them well, or is not self-sufficient to opt firmly.
Now let us move to the rules of this important colors and patterns wear game.
The colors contribute to disguise the imperfections and enhance the positive points.
- Light and bright colors increase;
- Dark colors and mates decrease;
- The vibrant colors highlight and rejoice – red Mariposa Cap-Sleeve Lace Maxi Dress, Hot Red, shocking pink 3/4-Sleeve High-Neck Sheath Dress, Watermelon, orange Deep V-Neck Asymmetric Ruffle Dress, strong yellow Double-Faced Bow-Back Sheath Dress, bluebird Short-Sleeve Ribbed Dress W/ Mesh, turquoiseNathan Silk Halter Dress, Laguna…
- The sober colors soften and attenuate – beige Geri Dress, persimmon, pearl Cashmere Poncho, light gray, pink, lilac, sea-green, light blue, blue-gray…
It’s always worth remembering color contrast can be dangerous, if the problem is the structure. Short people, should avoid “to cut” the silhouette in the middle, wearing for this a white shirt with black pants, or even, to stop a single color with a contrasting belt.
- Who has a slender trunk and massive hips, should never use light pants and dark shirt – this combination makes your hips look even bulkier.
- The ideal is always to use dark colors from the waist down, to decrease hips volume.
- You can disguise a big breast with dark sweaters. When using light colors, you should prefer sober tones and escape the vibrant hues.
- Dark tones favor overweight women. Avoid clear, vibrant and brilliant colors 3/4-Sleeve Twist-Front Sheath Dress, Claret.
- Thin legs will appear thicker with light socks, since the most plump legs should use dark socks.
All patterned fabrics call for special attention, especially for those with extreme silhouettes, i.e., for overweight, low and taller women.
If your body type fits in some of the three mentioned, know that the fabrics exaggeration, with large patterns and color contrast, further enhance these characteristics.
- You should not wear too large floral prints clothes Kaden Giant Floral 3/4-Sleeve Dress, even swimsuit or bikini; the same applies to clothes with large geometric pattern clothes Silk Tribal-Print Wrap Dress, Multicolor.
- Patterns with balls, only if they are small.
- If you feel attracted to floral patterns with large daisies or roses Square-Neck Rose-Print Flounce Dress, watch out! It’s better to err by less than by excess – never forget the rule “less is more”.
- One Piece Swimsuit;
- Rectangle Bandeau Maxi;
- Mini Dress;
- Bandeau Jumpsuit;
- Check Dress;
- Drape Jumpsuit;
- Cascading Ruffle Blouse;
- Siesta Dress;
- Lace Romper;
- Shirt Dress;
- Farrah Swimsuit;
- Lauren Neoprene Bikini;
- Amy Kaftan;
This content is also available in: Portuguese (Portugal)