Know how to dress to look thinner, by choosing the clothes that work to your advantage and value you, feeling even more beautiful, charming and elegant.
Dress to Look Thinner- Tips
The long coat is one of the wardrobe basics that any woman should have, so you need to be careful at the time of purchase, as this piece, both can make you look thinner as fatter!
- Tailored coats to the hip are advised, because they favor any type of silhouette, unlike wide or too tight coats.
- When in doubt, choose belted coats – are always the best option.
- The cardigans to the hips, will ‘stretch’ the upper body , creating the illusion to look thinner, to the detriment of short models.
A pair of pants that perfectly suits you, is a wonder to look thinner and with a body with everything in the right place.
- Always look for pants without pleats and preferably, with a wider waist – 2 cm are sufficient to ensure that little spare tire is not hanging out of pants.
- Flare pants are also a good choice, creating the illusion of narrower hips.
The search for perfect jeans seems an almost impossible task, but it is not.
- The jeans that best suit a woman who wants to look thinner, are the straight or bootcut, namely those who perfectly fit on hips and not the low rise jeans.
- To finish this look and get the best benefit from your jeans, put the shirt or sweater inside the pants.
Regarding skirts, the very fashionable pencil skirts, are perfect for almost every kind of female body shape, with the advantage of not being too tight in the area of the hips – making look thinner any woman, thanks to its elegant cut.
- If you are heavier in the thighs, hide those extra pounds, with an A-Line Skirt.
Extremely versatile, dresses love chubby women!
- Models like the empire cut, ball, tube and line, are the ones indicated to disguise a few extra kilos and create curves where they do not exist!
For overweight women, any piece of clothing that sharply marks the waist, does not make you look thinner, on the contrary!
- Ideally, sweater and pants, or shirt and skirt – must be always below the waist.
- Waist should always be marked by a good belt, which can be your best friend about visual slimming.
- To look thinner, always opt for a wide instead a skinny belt. For extra comfort, choose belts with some elasticit.
For overweight people, dressing up with cool colors – black, grey, blue or dark brown, from top to bottom, will disguise immediately a few pounds, elongating your silhouette, which makes you look thinner.
For overweight people, although prints are very fashionable this Fall Winter 2015, we must have some care in time to wear them, because they are not at all effective to make you look thinner, as solid colors do.
But if clothes with prints are well chosen and coordinated, the result can be surprising, being the basic rule:
- The lower prints, the smaller you are going to look – i.e. wear the smallest prints to camouflage fats in unwanted places. So, if you have wide hips, wear black straight cut pants, or a skirt with a floral tunic or with prints.
- If you are wider at the upper body, use a black top or a dark color, and combine with a graphical skirt. Well combined prints, will help to take the attention away, from the most critical area of your body.
You should opt for intermediate size fashion accessories, such as earrings, big fashion accessories, should be avoided, as they give extra volume.
For a heavier silhouette, pointy high heel shoes are excellent companions, making you look thinner and tall, as it will ‘stretch’ the legs, which gives an unmatched elegance.
This content is also available in: Portuguese (Portugal)
Leave your comment here - your opinion is important