How to dress to look taller is a question raised by many women in order to gain a few inches more, being this possible through fashion and style, adequately combining clothes, shoes and accessories.
However, the first step to feel confident, is to feel good with the physical attributes that nature gave us.
Style, as part of the charm that we want to develop, is one of the keys for pleasing us even more. Thus, with acceptance and without dramas, we’ll know what we want to improve and enhance, creating like that the foundation of a personal style, that will make us unique and recognizable to us and to others.
Dress to look Taller – Tricks
The ‘tricks’ below for you to dress to look taller, give you some groundwork to get improve your style and further enhance your self-esteem.
To look taller, if you are a short woman, the ideal is to use high heels. While not all women can wear stilettos, nowadays there is a wide choice of footwear, which for sure you will find what best suits your style, without forgetting comfort.
- Platform pumps, are always a good option to look taller, though less elegant.
- Boots and booties with heels, are a great choice this Fall Winter.
- Socks must be the same color footwear; if you choose to wear shoes without socks or enjoy using skin tone socks, opt for nude shoes.
- Shoes in nude tones make the same effect with socks in skin tone. They create the illusion the continuity of leg, making it look longer.
- Monochromatic looks lengthen the silhouette as a whole, very much in line with Fall Winter fashion trends.
- For those who like to wear cigarrete style pants, can use the look in monochromatic tones – high heel shoes in the same tone of pants, or nude color, and jacket just below the hip, to disguise the beginning of legs, stretching them.
- Straight cut or flare pants, should cover your shoes or boots, because it will lengthen the legs and give the illusion to look taller.
- Long open coats, make you look taller – because the open coat form two vertical lines, that help lengthen the silhouette. Overweight women, also are very benefited with this look, since they will look thinner.
- Long pleated make the same effect as vertical stripes, lengthening the silhouette. Use and abuse of this type of skirts, very fashionable this Fall Winter.
- Skirts or pants of one color and blouses from another, are not recommended for short women; is best to use monochromatic looks or with subtle differences, like nuances within the same tones.
Regarding fashion accessories, such as bags, these must be proportionate to your height.
- Give preference to medium or small bags with shorter handles.
- Try to use trinkets or jewelry, also proportional to your height.
- Avoid the use of huge necklaces, earrings and bracelets, because the larger these pieces are, the shorter you will look.
- Necklaces can be long, because they make a vertical line and lengthen the look.
- Belts should be skinny, but if you prefer the wider, use those in the same tones of clothing.
- Scarves and wraps should be more for the short and with little volume.
This content is also available in: Portuguese (Portugal)